OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR CUSTOMER
OFS products are manufactured with careful attention to detail and with an on-going commitment to achieve a level of quality that is free of defects in materials and workmanship, given normal use and proper care. In an effort to standby by this philosophy, OFS, hereby warrants, to the original purchaser of the product and from the original date of purchase.
OFS products from the online store warrant to 12 years. Exceptions include height adjustable mechanisms and foam at 5 years and electrical components and power supplies at 1 year.
OFS will repair or replace, at our discretion without charge to the original purchaser, any product or part thereof which fails as the result of such a defect during the warranty period.
Warranty does not cover:
- Natural variations in color, grain, or texture of wood, leather and other textiles over which OFS has no control.
- Normal aging and wear of textiles, filling materials and finishes are exempted from this warranty.
- Textile color matching, textile puddling, fastness of colors or wearing qualities of any material.
- Slight differences in textile color due to supplier dye lot differences on large orders or on repeat orders placed at later dates from the original order.
- Labor and service not covered under warranty.
- OFS products or components attached in some manner to other products outside of the products intended use.
- Damage caused by a transportation company.
- Damage created by loading file drawers with anything other than hanging files.
- Freight or other shipping charges on returned product or parts, labor and service.
PRODUCT DESIGN & DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS
OFS reserves the right to make alterations in design and construction or discontinue products without prior notice. If items are discontinued, OFS reserves the right to repair or replace defective components with equivalent components, if available.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Except as otherwise provided, OFS makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Under no circumstances, including but not limited to breach of contract, breach of warranty or negligence, shall OFS be liable for lost profits, loss of goodwill, stored data, general, special, consequential or exemplary damages, even if OFS had notice of these damages or they were foreseeable. OFS shall not be liable for consequential or incidental damages arising from any product defect. OFS shall not be responsible for verifying customer’s description of needs, data, or the fitness for a particular purpose of goods. OFS liability in all cases shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective parts, or the purchase price of the product. Damages resulting from user modifications, attachments to a product, misuse, abuse, alteration, negligent use, accidents, improper or lack of maintenance and damage in transportation are not covered under this warranty.
This warranty is applicable only to those products actually manufactured by OFS. On product furnished by OFS, but with components or equipment manufactured by others, including, but not limited to, foam, mechanisms, casters and textiles, the written warranty, if any, of the manufacturer is assigned to the purchaser.
DAMAGED MERCHANDISE AND FREIGHT CLAIMS
- Inspect all cartons for damage and carton quantity. All shipments are delivered to the transportation company in good condition; OFS liability ceases at this time. Do not refuse merchandise damaged in transit. Instead, enter a claim with the transportation company.
- Record damages and/or shortages on the bill of lading and freight bill. Do not accept the shipment until all shortages are noted on both the bill of lading and the freight bill. Sign only for the items you receive. If you give the delivering carrier a clear receipt for a shipment, the carrier is relieved of further responsibility.
- If concealed damage is found: Notify the delivering carrier at once and request an inspection. Without this inspection the transportation company will not entertain a claim for loss or damage. If the carrier will not perform the inspection, you should prepare an affidavit that you contacted the carrier, noting the time and date, and that the carrier failed to comply with your request. All shipping cartons and inner packing must be retained for carrier inspection. Do not move the damaged merchandise from the receiving location. It must also be retained for the inspection.
RETURN OF MERCHANDISE
OFS will not accept returned merchandise without a signed Return Authorization (RA) issued by our Customer Service Department.
All returned merchandise must be properly packaged and cartoned to prevent further damage. Carton must be clearly marked with identifying RA number so that proper credit can be issued. We will consider issuing RAs for the following reasons:
- Manufacturing defect (must be inspected by a OFS Sales Representative)
- OFS order processing error
- Shipping error
- Duplicate shipments
- Mismarked cartons
All merchandise must be returned within thirty (30) days of the date of the RA to receive credit. Freight damage, signs of usage, missing parts, etc. will be adjusted on the amount of credit to be issued
Some desktop accessories with plastic feet can penetrate or burn the finish. This is not a defect in the finish. Wood is a natural product and minor variations in wood color, grain and texture may be visible even though the pieces are finished at the same time. Also, light finishes when exposed to ultraviolet rays may darken and change color. These are not defects in finish, and merchandise cannot be replaced because of these natural variations.
BIFMA AND ANSI TESTING
OFS is a member of the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer’s Association. Tests developed by BIFMA and approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) determine the strength and durability of casegoods and seating in its everyday use. Although this testing does not serve as a warranty or guarantee, OFS products within this online store generally meet or exceed applicable BIFMA and ANSI standards.
FIRE RETARDANT PRODUCTS
California Technical Bulletin 117-2013: All OFS upholstered seating products and the resilient filling materials used in the upholstered seating products meet or exceed the requirements of the State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs, Technical Bulletin 117-2013. Compliance with these requirements is indicated by the label attached to the seat bottom.
Flame Retardant Chemicals: All standard OFS upholstered seating products are offered with components, as identified in TB117-2013, that are free of flame retardant chemicals. All OFS upholstered seating products will indicate Flame Retardant chemical composition in accordance to the labeling requirements of California Senate Bill 1019. OFS assumes no responsibility for customer specification of textiles and other upholstery materials containing flame retardant chemicals on products shipping into regions with laws banning these substances.
California Technical Bulletin 133: Cal TB 133 is a flammability test for seating products used in public spaces. The testing procedure for Cal TB 133 requires the burning of an entire product since the test is a composite test and not a component test. OFS has pretested and certified many different chair styles and upholsteries. If Cal TB 133 certification is required, a burn test may need to be completed with a specific model and upholstery combination. Contact Customer Service for Cal TB 133 approval, pricing and lead times.
OFS can not be held liable if purchase order does not indicate a requirement for Cal TB 133 compliance.
Boston Fire Code: Please contact OFS Customer Service if compliance is required.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Acrylamide, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov